Become a Credit Union Volunteer
Lanco Federal Credit Union is currently
seeking a volunteer* for the following position:
Associate Board Director
Lanco Federal Credit Union is looking to fill one Associate Board Director position.
Like full Board Directors, Associate Board Directors are volunteers and have the same duties and responsibilities with the exception of voting rights. Associate Board Directors are part of the credit union’s Board succession plan which allows individuals to gain in-depth knowledge of Lanco Federal Credit Union and the business of financial services to prepare for a position as a voting Board Director.
Associate Board Directors have the opportunity to participate in meetings and board activities to learn how the Board functions in its role of providing guidance and counsel to the credit union management.
The purpose of the Board of Directors is, on behalf of the membership, to assure that the credit union reaches its agreed-upon goals in the best interest of the membership. The Board meets once per month at 4:00 p.m. to review the progress of the credit union toward its strategic objectives.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful organization and to contribute toward Lanco Federal Credit Union's continued growth and success into the future.
Anyone interested in applying for an Associate Directorship is asked to submit their name to the Nominating Committee:
Lanco Federal Credit Union
ATTN: Nominating Committee
349 West Roseville Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
*To be eligible for a volunteer position,
must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be a member of Lanco Federal Credit Union.
- Must not be a family member or significant other of any Lanco employee or volunteer
- Must have no financial obligation with any institution, company or agency extending credit, which are or have been delinquent more than two consecutive monthly payments at any time during the past four years and have no previous bankruptcies.
- Must have no present obligation with Lanco that is delinquent more than one month.
- Must pass background checks and qualify for bonding.
- Must have no felony convictions, or pending felony charges.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement if selected.